**Trading Cards**

May 9th, 2011 by Molly Roth

Today’s submission comes all the way from HAZ in Madrid, Spain. He’s submitted some fan art for former Fort Thunder residents, Brian Chippendale, C.F., Leif Goldberg, and Mat Brinkman. He called them “cards,” but I’m thinking something’s been lost in translation. Regardless, good choices, HAZ.

If you’ve ever studied Spanish and let it fall by the wayside, now would be a great opportunity to brush up.

As for you others reading this blog, stop dawdling and get your submission together ASAP!

back to Fan Forum

↓ 8 Comments

1. Brynocki C says:

i’m not convinced i didn’t draw that top one in 1997 or something. BC

2. Shannon says:

I think cards as in trading cards. As in the image on the left is the front, the text on the right would be the back.

3. HAZ says:

Exactly, those were trading cards I made for a spanish zine called Zapatiños Motor. A tribute to some of my favorite artists, indeed.
    And Chippendale is wrong in his comment!
    jose (HAZ).

4. Molly Roth says:

Dear Brian,

It seems to me that Shannon is correct (and so are you). I’m going to chalk this one up to a misunderstanding, and recommend you yourself draw some fan art for someone you love and e-mail it to me, because I bet whatever you make’ll be a real crowd-pleaser.

Sincerely,
    Molly

5. Brynocki C says:

Everything I draw is fan art…I want to draw fan art of HAZ but I am not sure of his original style. HAZ you rule, Molly, you rule, Shannon, gosh, just everyone is so great today. I’m in tears. My fan art will be drawn in tears of joy.

6. HAZ says:

Brynocki C, you can check my art (and style) here:
    Best!
    jose.

7. Brynocki C says:

Thanks HAZ! Those are some fucked up amoebas!

Fan Forum

Welcome to the Fan Forum – a world-class fan art showcase. Fan art – artwork that’s based on a character or story published by PBox– is an awesome way to pay homage to your fave books. This is your chance to flaunt your artistic prowess as well as your appreciation of PictureBox artists. Submit your images of PBox-related fan art to molly.roth (at) gmail (dot) com. (Subject: Fan Forum Submission) and your masterpiece may end up on the blog.

PBox World